Phases Of The Moon and Phases Of Fertility

CURRENT MOON

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend meme

Random 10 - Week 75
10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)
The picture shows how I feel in my body at this time almost perfectly, I definitely feel more curvy then she looks. The song choices reflect aspects of my emotional state, where I am now developmentally and also offers a snap shot of whats going on in the moment.

1) Everybody Want's To Work: Uncanny X Men; The next line is "No, no, not me." but sadly I do need to work, I just need a regular job that lets me not work the days I am at school. The Boi and I have written an application so that might happen.

2) Hanging On The Telephone: Blonde; After weeks of a faulty phone we purchased a new one today! Which meant I could call my parents and check how they were.

3) Black Fingernails, Red Wine: Eskimo Joe; I love the song (Der....) but for obvious reasons it's relevent to my weekend. I'm also an old Goth so I get all nostalgic at times for chipped black fingernails and yellow stains. The song's on the TV lots lately as Eskimo Joe are featured at the Arias.

4) American Idiot: Green Day; Our "left leaning" ABC has programmed all the songs from the US elections protest CD, I have the Australian version. The idea was to get younger voters to think and vote to conscience on the war and other things. The Aus version has my fave line "It's 11-9 where I come from." It highlights how Americanised our cultre can be.

5) Rhiannon; the Dance: Fleetwood Mac; LISTEN TO THE LIVE STEVIE NICKS VERSION. The lyrics are great they tell of a guy who is in love with a witch and the bond they have after all their time together; at least that is what I hear. I also have this one on what they call high rotation at the moment. And he still cries out I love you....
Rhiannon rings like a bell throu the night
And wouldnt you love to love her
Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover

All your life you've never seen a woman
Taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven
Will you ever win

She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is the darkness
She rules her life like a fine skylark
And when the sky is starless ... and so on...

6) Shit! This is proving harder then I thought..... What's up Pussy Cat?: Tom Jones; One of our cats has been throwing up partially digested cat food, so I think the choice is explanatory.

7) So Far Away From Me: Dire Straits; Where the Boi is. Till the morning at least.

8) Do you think I'm sexy?: Rod Stewart; Hormones are going wild at the moment. Also something else going on. I have been seriously scoped on more then one occasion over the past three days. It's not even a full moon, I know I want to dress sexy, I'm highly aroused for no real reason (Hell, I saw a vid of GWB and thought maybe.... so something weird is happening, TMI? Sorry.) but guys aren't that susceptible to a woman in heat are they? Maybe I should use "Woman In Love" by Babs instead. (Ok, soon I'll have to deny knowing any of the songs inthis bit.)

9) Your Racist Friend: They Might Be Giants; The closer the day comes for the wedding, the more I hear this song in my head. It's not only the racism I fear, but the sexism, the religionism, the ismism.... the song is a great song in it's own right. Not their best; I'd argue New York City for that. It's also one of the more obscure songs on my list so the link should help.

10) The End: The Beatles; Because it's the end of my day, this list, a lot of things. Also for the lyric "The love we make is equal to the love we take." I don't know, I'd like to think we make more love then we take. Sadly I think the Beatles meant a global average.

So, a very long and colourful weekend meme. Sunday and Monday to go and I'll have legitimately done 7 in 7.


No comments: