It's called Death takes a vacation; and is a tribute to Halloween. OK, so a harvest festival should be celebrated in Australia in April, around Easter. Still, I liked this. So here is Sunday.
- You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
As much as I'd like to say a child of a politician to make the politician realise what they are doing to all those others I can't. Same with a gun enthusiasts family member. Probably someone like Paris Hilton for the "role model" she portrays but that would make her a martyr.... so I don't know.
- You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?
The Corrs for crimes against Irish music and covering great songs really badly. What they did to REM's Everybody Hurts was attrocious.
- Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
The guy who fired me from my last full time job on the day I was meant to go in for a D&C associated with a miscarriage. If my flow hadn't started I would of been fired on an answering macchine. I'd also do it for the trumped up reason he gave.
- You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind will you make?
Good quality basil pesto, baby spinach, char grilled capsicum, char grilled mushrooms, vegetarian cheese (nimbin for preference) ona high quality gluten free full grain bread, toasted.
- The Door to the Other Side has opened, and Death appears. But surprisingly, Death is a pretty cool entity and is in a fantastic mood, so it offers to return the friend/family-member/person, etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back?
My maternal grandmother whom I never knew. I always wanted grandparents and think she would be the one I'd chose; I have so many questions about my mother as a child...
- You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?
Susan Sarandon or Alan Rickman... maybe Janeane Gaarofalo or Kevin Smith... If the boi was allowed to watch but not touch Charlize Theron or Reese Witherspoon. *Evil smiley goes here*
- You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick?
As a teenager I would of said Iva Davies, but now, hmmm, the guitarist and writer of Eskimo Joe; Kav Temperley; as much for his creative side. It's the whole intimacy tripple for me with him, if he's busy then Tim Freedman.
- Now that you’ve slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy crap, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?
Books; the latest 2 Terry Pratchett books, Where's my cow? and Wintersmith. If I had change I'd get the 3rd in the D.W. Science series.
- You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
New York, or the Orkneys. One because I am so curious about it the other for further research in to my family history.
- Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do?
New York: A little piece of art from a Soho artist or a Broadway show. Orkney: furthering the genealogy or tourist bits about the Old Witch.
- The Fairy Bartender appears and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. It is … ?
Black Russian or Cosmopolitan.
- Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go to any time in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
Before I saw worst jobs in history I'd have gone back to the dark ages and learn about real paganism. Since then the late 1960's, to Haight Ashbury in San Francisco. I'd spend the time enjoying the free love, the free expression, the psychadelia and see the reality of a movement that has strongly influenced me.
- You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
First; do no harm.
- You accidentally eat some radioactive pumpkin. It was good, and what’s even cooler is that it endows you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?
Persuasion; you could use it for so many things.
- You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?
World of Wicca; it's a half hour show about the history and evolution of witches and witchcraft; exploring common mythconceptions, the politicising of the feminine power and the bastardisation of stories to demonise the strong woman; the spin off wuold be Fairy stories; why Disney should be disembowelled. It would look at where fairy tales came from and how they also changed, with a section on nursery rhymes and sayings.
- One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
Pray that they speak English and are open for a talk; I have so many questions for them.
- Your house is on fire! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the item?
One? The hard drive of the computer as it has so much stuff on it, photoes, stories, histories, copies of documents, etc.
- The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive pumpkin you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?
Jules Verne; and I'd take him to Cape Canaveral or where ever they do the space stuff to see what he has inspired.
- You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
My first kiss with the Boi. As TMBG say; "I want another first kiss"
- You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
- You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But … you can move to anywhere else in the world! What country are you going to live in now?
Canada, Eire, New Zealand or The Orkneys. Don't know.... can the Boi come too?
- You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be?
As long as I haven't been banned from every single chocolate bar; I don't drink much anymore (thus the name of the blog) so... The Kitten Club in Little Collins, great Jazz and Swing music.
- The Grim Reaper has arrived to escort you to The Other Side. But since Death is pretty cool and still in a good mood, it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bounce. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
Spend it with the Boi, saying Goodbye and doing stuff. Let him know I love him, and will be back to haunt him.
- What’s your theme song?
Alway's a woman; Billy Joel. She; Elvis Costello. Just Like A Woman; Bob Dylan. But most likely Torch The Moon; The Whitlams. Except it's not a Frida Kahlo poster on my door... more likely MC Escher, Dali or something cartoony that has caught my imagination.