Phases Of The Moon and Phases Of Fertility

CURRENT MOON

Monday, September 25, 2006

Quotes

Every now and again I encounter a quote that says it so well:

Let us consider that we are all partially insane. It will explain us to each other; it will unriddle many riddles; it will make clear and simple many things which are involved in haunting and harassing difficulties and obscurities now.
Mark Twain, Christian Science (1907)

Lot's of other cool ones, here.

The one following this is just great for today:

When I, a thoughtful and unbiased Presbyterian, examine the Koran, I know that beyond any question every Mohammedan is insane; not in all things, but in religious matters. When a thoughtful and unbiased Mohammedan examines the Westminster Catechism, he knows that beyond any question I am spiritually insane. I cannot prove to him that he is insane, because you can never prove anything to a lunatic — for that is a part of his insanity and the evidence of it. He cannot prove to me that I am insane, for my mind has the same defect that afflicts his.
Mark Twain, Christian Science (1907)

Pity more of us don't remember this.

And on a lighter note: I think I found a cure for one problem: here.

No comments: